With Class 12th ending, there have been a lot of changes in the admission process. There have been so many changes and too much confusion about the exams going on this year. For all the undergraduate admissions this year in central universities, NTA has announced the entrance exam CUET 2022.
CUET exam is the common exam that is being conducted for admission to all central universities starting this year. Therefore, all B.Sc, BA, BCom, BBA, BMS, B.Voc, etc undergraduate degrees from all the central universities would be under the umbrella of the CUET exam 2022.
The CUET (UG) – 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode
Online Application Forms for Undergraduate Programmes will open from 2nd April 2022, the link for the same will be made available on the official website. Candidates who wish to appear for CUET (UG) – 2022 are advised to go through the required eligibility of the desired University/ Universities for selecting the options from UG Programmes being offered. The Application will be open from 02.04.2022 to 30.04.2022.
CUET (UG) – 2022 Will Consist of the Following 4 Sections:
➢ Section IA – 13 Languages
➢ Section IB – 20 Languages
➢ Section II – 27 Domain-specific Subjects
➢ Section III – General Test
Choosing options from each Section is not mandatory.
Choices should match the requirements of the desired University. Therefore, each central university may have different eligibility criteria and may accept different sections of the test as part of the admission requirement. For example, if you are applying to Delhi University – You will need to register for the CUET 2022 exam but also check the specific eligibility criteria and what sections would be acceptable for the exam at the university. Copying the major texts from the PDF-
- Candidates can choose a maximum of any 2 languages from Section IA and Section IB, taken together (One of the languages chosen needs to be in lieu of Domain-specific subjects)
- Section II offers 27 Subjects, out of which a candidate may choose a maximum of 6 Domain Subjects.
- Section III comprises General Test.
- Candidates can choose a maximum of any 3 languages from Section IA and Section IB, taken together (One of the languages chosen needs to be in lieu of Domain-specific subjects)
- In Section II, from the 27 Subjects offered, the candidate may choose a maximum of 5 Domain Subjects.
- Section III comprises General Test.
More clarity would come once specific central universities tell the eligibility criteria and what sections of the test are to be attempted by each student. There is no clarity yet if Class XII would be counted along with the CUET 2022 exam in the admission process.
- Kindly focus on your board exam because some universities may consider Class XII score
- Prepare for basic language, Logical reasoning, GK, and general aptitude. This would be helpful in CUET 2022 and also any other entrance exams
- For those who are continuing a similar degree as what they are studying in Class XII, domain-specific exams would be related to the knowledge of Grade XI & XII only so no worries there. Just revise your concepts from the earlier classes. For the people who are thinking of changing their domain, I would suggest you to start practicing the NCERT of the particular subject. For example, if you want to pursue Psychology (Hons.) but you do not have Psychology as a subject in Class XI & XII then, I would suggest you to start reading it up and practicing questions based on NCERT.
All the best! Consider this like an aptitude test for admission.
To know more, check this out: NTA Notification
At Mindler, we provide a holistic perspective to your career queries. We help you in discovering the right path for yourself, with a clear action plan to achieve your goals. This process entails a scientific approach and testing from our guidance experts. Our career coaches help you understand your personal strengths and the best fit for you. Connect with us today to take your first step and make the right career decision.
Recommended Read: The Career Counselling Process
To know more about the counselling process, and our services and get clarity about how you can go ahead, take Career Counselling Online from Mindler.