It is very well said that “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” The importance of health and time we have duly realised when we were in lockdown and how vital it is to stay healthy. Post covid, one thing that’s taken a priority for every human being is their health. They have started prioritizing health over anything and are doing every possible thing to lead a life in a hearty and blooming manner. Due to this, there has been a surge in people going for dietary changes, hitting the gyms, and following a healthy lifestyle with the help of nutritional and wellness experts. It’s the best feeling of seeing someone’s life modified with the support of appropriate nutrition and health encouragement. A career in the nutrition and wellness industry could be a pertinent fit for you if you revel in studying and exploring a healthy style of living, apt nourishment, mindful eating, and the overall well-being of the body and the soul.
Studying nutritional courses at Under-Graduate, Post Graduate and doctorate levels, will help you to kick-start and track down some of the most illustrious nutrition jobs and start a career for the wellness of people. If you’re quite baffled to think of a career after having a degree in the same, then this beneficial article is right for you. Here we are, with the top 7 careers you can explore in Nutrition and Wellness and end your hunt for the most appropriate job.
Top 7 Careers in Nutrition and Wellness
1. Health Coach
These days, one of the most upcoming nutrition careers is as a health coach. A health coach offers an extensive avenue towards health, keeping in mind all different perspectives of a client’s life and benefiting them by providing customized approach for leading a fitter lifestyle. They can be your personal health applause, booster, and supporter. They guide you to self-discover yourself and learn to work on your flaws positively. If you are inclined towards exploring a career as a Health Coach, you should do a graduate course in nutrition and then look out for accredited training specification programmes as per your preference.
To become a certified health coach, one must:
- Sign in for a certified programme.
- Follow a training program, which usually varies between 3 to 24 months- depending upon the time required.
- Opt for a specialisation that can make your career path smoother. For example, if you want to do health coaching in general or do it specifically for kids, aged people, people suffering from chronic diseases, etc.
Recommended Read: Are You a Fitness Freak? Know About These Careers in Fitness
2. Sports Nutritionist
Sports Nutritionist is one such career that has seen an immense surge. A sports nutritionist’s primary role is to encourage athletes and players on how to guard the nutritional regimes that can help them achieve superlative functioning on and off the field. They tell the players and educate them by telling which food will be appropriate for their bodies. They are experts in explaining the effects of foods on the human body. Their main role is to analyze the types of foods and fluids that should be consumed by them according to their build and weight. They work closely with the players by telling them the importance of organic food to excel in their sports careers. To work as a sports nutritionist, one should be able to balance the intake of food and plan a workout regime.
To pursue a career as a Sports Nutritionist, you should go for:
- A bachelor’s degree in nutritional science or sports nutrition could lay a vital foundation.
- A postgraduate degree or diploma would be an added advantage.
- Obtain a certified license as a Registered Sports Nutritionist.
3. Recipe Developer
Some people are born naturally intuitive foodies while they focus on kitchen experiments and have compiled a list of creative recipes that have high nutritional values too. Being a recipe developer is one of the ingenious nutrition careers on our list. Developing a recipe for the benefit of people is a leading-edge way to keep people hearty and healthy. A career in this field of study will give you an opportunity to hold exceptional, yet exclusive, preparations while also motivating others to eat zealously. This career has seen an upsurge
The roles a recipe developer can do :
- You can write/publish an exclusive recipe book.
- You can upload your exclusive recipes on social media and collaborate with brands. Just like a food blogger does but with different ways of executing the recipes and criteria of working.
- Work with a reputed food brand and make recipes including their products.
- They can upload their recipes on youtube and can start an exclusive channel for the same.
4. Food or Wellness Blogger
Until a few years ago, Blogging was considered a leisure activity. However, an increase in social media platforms has opened creative avenues for bloggers to showcase their innovative ways to promote the product. It is a lucrative career that gives a fat cheque too. If you have a knack for nutrition and want to combine it with blogging, then Food or Wellness blogging is your calling.
Pursue a career as a food/wellness blogger with these qualities:
- The most flourishing health and wellness blogs have a special creative angle to them. You can pick your specialisation like exploring hidden gems in the city, healthy nutritious meals, dessert recipes, or basically everything a meat lover would dream out. This can boost you to develop a niche for yourself in the blogging industry.
- Try to grasp the nitty-gritty of social media marketing and outreach. This would build followers that can drool over your page all day long.
- Be genuine to your followers. Make your blogging page a guide that one can go through and scroll to get the apt things.
5. Wellness Writer
When the Washington Post started a separate team for wellness writers, this is where the whole game changed and people started considering it a mainstream field. This is an upcoming career that is generating loads of job opportunities. These writers can work in print media, and online media, or can create content for Instagram blog pages too. To kick-start a career as a wellness writer you can obtain a degree in journalism and do a specialised diploma course in nutrition.
How can you pursue a career as a wellness writer?
- Build up your portfolio by working as a part-time writer and figure out your preferred job type.
- Keep exploring new topics in wellness such as personal wellness, mental and physical health, diet, and personal motivation.
- Focus on an expansive knowledge of media room practices and systems across various desks and platforms.
6. Clinical Dietitian
Clinical dietitians are the ones that provide nutritional medicine treatment for patients in nursing homes and hospitals. They evaluate a client’s nutritional requirements and establish and fulfill nutrition programs to report the final fruitful results. The path of a nutritional dietitian and clinical is almost identical but the only difference is the way they deal with and perform. While dietitians usually practice in hospitals or run in their own space, clinical dietitians typically work with doctors and wellness clinics. Their aim is to assist patients with prolonged chronic health concerns through remedial nutrition. Their educational requirements are the same as the registered dietitian only.
7. Food Safety Auditor
Corona has changed a lot of things and the consumption of healthy food is of utmost importance. Food Safety Auditors is synonymous with a magician, someone who would clinch that the food we are consuming is favorable for our gut, and the supply chain system has been properly surveyed. Their primary focus is on conducting inspections, writing detailed reports, and also educating the people on food safety regulations and policies to be followed in a manufacturing unit. To pursue this career, you would need a bachelor’s degree in food technology or nutritional technology, agriculture Science/ biochemistry. To work under a public association, you should be certified and have prior experience working in a private unit.
The absolute scale of nutrition and wellness makes it a remarkable platform for various careers to boom. If you are set on the dignified line of helping people to lead a healthy lifestyle, you have numerous career options to opt for in the nutrition and wellness sector. Each of these careers is challenging, dynamic, and worthy because this will help in someone’s nourishment.
For more information on executing and planning for taking up these careers, reach out to our experts for career counselling online.