“Why did you choose to be a teacher?”
“What makes you love your profession?”
You may be wondering that this blog is about career counselling, how is this question relevant here, let me assure you that it is.
Take a pause and go back to the reason that you chose teaching.
Most of you would have answers about the joy of being able to connect with students, about helping them learn. Some of you would also have thought about your experiences with your teacher early on in life and how that inspired you to be a teacher yourself.
I’m one hundred percent sure that as a teacher, you would have answered hundreds of questions by students. A number of them would have been related to their concerns about their career, right? Which career should they choose? How do they choose a career? What is the path to a certain career?
Would you want to expand your horizons and be a career coach to these students? If yes, International Certified Career Coach (ICCC) is a certification that can help you.
The ICCC Career Counselling Certification is a 3 level course –
Level 1 – ICCC Foundation
The first step of the International Certified Career Coach program is the ICCC-Foundation 2-day workshop which is conducted in person in major cities and can be attended for free by anyone interested in becoming a career counsellor. The ICCC Foundation level workshop provides an opportunity to meet with professionals and experts from the field who can help you identify the potential in the field of career counselling and how suitable your goals and interests are. Unlike other courses, you can meet with the top career coaches in the industry even before committing to the entire course. Bonus – you also receive course content and training modules developed by experts.
To apply for the ICCC Foundation, simply submit your application online and you will receive a response within 10 days.
Level 2 – ICCC Advanced
This is the second level of the training. Over a period of 3 months of online webinars and assignments, you learn skills required to help students plan their career. Once completed, you will be able to help any student across areas like entrance exams, education boards, overseas applications, preparing for interviews, all of which play a major role in any student’s journey.
During the course, you also do a live project where you take the counselling session for a student, interpret the report and apply whatever you have learnt.
Level 3 – ICCC Masters
The International Certified Career Coach program level 2 is the ICCC Advanced 3-month online course that culminates with a certification from Career Development Alliance (USA) and Mindler (India). ICCC Advanced is a comprehensive programme that incorporates expert-led webinars, case assignments, and continuous evaluation with a focus on theoretical knowledge and real-world insights to enhance your skills as a career counsellor. Although the ICCC Advanced is an online course, you get plenty of exposure to the real-life career counselling setup, preparing you to become job-ready as a career counsellor. Bonus – you will also receive personalised mentoring from coaches, focusing on your personal goals and how best to achieve them.
To apply for the ICCC Advanced course level, all you need is to have completed the ICCC Foundation
Benefits of ICCC for Teachers
- Career Growth – This is a chance for you to grow in your career by expanding your existing skill sets and knowledge base. You will be able to connect the subjects you teach with careers and explain their applicability in-real world. This in itself will help you grow as a teacher.
- Economic Growth – The career counselling landscape is growing in India at a rapid pace. You can take the opportunity to increase your economic rewards by attracting jobs in the sector.
- Supporting Students – Coaching and counselling skills help you understand how to support and help the student plan their career journey. This in itself will take you forward in your journey of connecting with students touching their lives.
- Handling Parents – If you have a lot of information and skills about careers, as a teacher you will be able to have discussions with parents rooted in data and information. This will make it easier for you to connect with them about the student’s career.
- Credentialing – You will have a globally recognized certification by National Career Development Association (NCDA, which is a division of American Counselling Association), Career Development Alliance (CDA) and Mindler.
- Networking – You will be learning in ICCC as a batch. You will not just have teachers, but also principals and professionals from all other walks of life. This will give you a chance to learn from them, network with them and grow together.
Teaching is known to be a noble profession. You, yes you, influence a student’s future the most. Hence, enhance your skills with Mindler’s career counseling certification and pave the way for students to discover their potential.