Australia is home to eight of the world’s top 100 institutions. Australia attracts a growing number of Indian students because of its robust education system, many job possibilities for graduates, and high standard of living. No matter what major you decide to pursue overseas study, you can be confident that you will get an education of the highest quality and benefit from an unparalleled network of resources tailored specifically to the needs of international students. Here are several reasons why Australia could be a good place for overseas study.
Why Students Choose Australia for Their Overseas Study Destination?
The US and the UK are still the top two places English-speaking foreign students want to go, but Australia is quickly catching up with the place for overseas study. Many international students come to study there because of the high education quality and the friendly people.
Australia is highly regarded worldwide for its high-quality overseas study pattern for foreigners. Its graduates are in high demand. The government keeps a close eye on this system to keep up with the country’s high educational standards.
Cost of Living
The standard of living in Australia is pretty high. Australia is much cheaper than the USA and the UK regarding living costs and college costs. International students can help pay for overseas study by working part-time while in school. Scholarships make it even easier for international students to pay for overseas study.
Diversity of Education
When it comes to schools and majors, international students in Australia have a lot of choices. Before choosing a degree programme, international students must first decide which university meets their needs and interests the best. Students can go to universities, vocational schools, or English language schools. Students can easily switch between schools and degrees if they need to.
Australia’s commitment to science is a big reason why students from other countries want to study there. Australia has always been at the front of the pack regarding technological and scientific progress. Australia is a great place for overseas study because it has a modern infrastructure and a lot of information.
International students in Australia can only work up to 20 hours a week while in school. Take advantage of this opportunity if you want to make extra money while you’re there or a student wants to gain relevant work experience while in school.
Popular Courses Available in Australia
Australia’s 100 universities provide more than 22,000 different programmes, attracting students from inside and outside the country. Several undergraduates, graduate, and doctorate degrees and PG Diplomas span over ten overseas study topics, mostly liked by students. The Times Higher Education classified Australian institutions based on engineering and technology, arts and humanities, physical and life sciences, para-medical, health studies, and social sciences programmes.
- MBA programmes usually get a lot of applications, but they can only accept a small number of them. You need to write a study abroad resume for a better opportunity to move up in your career.
- 43% of engineering graduates outside the United States in 2010 were not from the United States. It’s also helpful for research opportunities in graduate school and after a doctorate.
- Since 2019, more than 33,000 new jobs have been created in Australia, which has led to a rise in the number of students enrolling in IT programmes. After getting an IT degree in Australia, students can expect to make a lot of money. This shows why getting a master’s degree in Australia is so appealing.
- Healthcare and social services are the fastest-growing industries in Australia, so it makes sense that more and more students from all over the world want to attend medical and nursing school there. In other words, graduates are not limited to working only in Australia, and the degree is recognised worldwide.
- There are a lot of jobs in agriculture, and you can find them in half of Australia’s biggest cities. Because of this, many students choose Agriculture as their major for their overseas study.
Top Universities in Australia
|The Australian National University
|Australian Capital Territory
|The University of Melbourne
|The University of Sydney
|New South Wales
|The University of New South Wales
|New South Wales
|The University of Queensland
|The University of Western Australia
|The University of Adelaide
|University of Technology Sydney
|New South Wales
|University of Wollongong
|New South Wales
How to Get into Australia as an International Student?
Admission requirements vary according to the programme curriculum. Indian students need a certain level of English to study each subject. The three most well-known tests in the field are TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE. You must pass any of the English tests. When you compare TOEFL vs IELTS vs PTE, you will find that IELTS is more inclined to the Australian language. Also required is a class XII GPA of at least 65%. Students with a 60% or below grade point average are not accepted into Foundations or Diploma programmes. Each university has its minimum age requirement for students to be admitted to degree programmes.
These documents are also required for admission.
- Evidence of your mark sheets from class X, class XII, and your Bachelor’s degree
- If you have worked before, you need two recommendation letters from former bosses or employers who know your professional skills.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Detail CV
- Scorecard of any English efficiency tests(TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE)
- Portfolio ( For art, architecture courses & design programmes)
- Other certificates (certificates and accomplishments at the state or national levels)
- Proof of funding
It is highly recommended to look at the top universities in Australia and then decide which one is best for you. You may also want to consider offering from your own country. This will allow you to visit the school, sit in on a class, and talk with students and teachers about the school and its courses of study. Remember, finding the right overseas study destination will be an important step in your success in higher education. You should always consider your options wisely! If you still have doubts, try Mindler’s career counselling online to get more clarity.