The Indian Army is the land-based branch of the Indian Armed Forces and includes the Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, and Indian Coast Guard. The Indian Army is one of the largest standing armies in the world, with over 1.4 million active personnel. The Indian Army traces its history back to the British Indian Army of World War I and II. Today, the Indian Army is responsible for defending the country’s borders, deterring aggression, responding to internal security threats, maintaining law and order, and providing humanitarian assistance. If you want to join the Indian Army, continue reading!
Eligibility Criteria to Join the Indian Army After 12th
To join the Indian Army after the 12th, female candidates must meet certain eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria include the following:
- Being a citizen of India
- Being between the age of 16-19 years
- Being medically fit
- Having passed 10+2 exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as compulsory subjects
- Having a minimum aggregate of 50% in 10+2 exams
- Being unmarried
Preparing for the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Exam
The next step to join the Indian Army after the 12th for females is to appear for the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam. So the question is “How to Prepare for UPSC?”
The UPSC exam includes two stages: the written and physical examinations. The written examination consists of questions related to general knowledge, current affairs, and aptitude. The physical examination tests for physical strength, stamina, and endurance.
To prepare for the UPSC exam, it is important to have a good understanding of the syllabus and to practice as many mock tests as possible. Additionally, several online resources are available to help candidates prepare for the UPSC exam.
Different Roles in the Indian Army After 12th
Once you have cleared the UPSC exam, you will be eligible to join the Indian Army in various roles. Some of the roles available in the Indian Army after the 12th are:
- Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO): As a JCO, you will be responsible for leading a team of soldiers and ensuring that they are equipped and trained to carry out their duties.
- Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO): As an NCO, you will be responsible for training, mentoring, and motivating a team of soldiers.
- Officer Cadet: As an Officer Cadet, you will lead a team of soldiers in the field and ensure they are well-equipped and trained for combat operations.
- Soldier: As a soldier, you will be responsible for carrying out combat operations and ensuring the safety of your team.
How to Join the Indian Air Force After 12th?
If you are interested in joining the Indian Air Force after the 12th, you must first appear for the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). This exam tests candidates on their knowledge of English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, and Reasoning. After clearing the AFCAT, you must appear for the Physical and Medical Tests. Once you have cleared these tests, you will be eligible to join the Indian Air Force as an Officer or a Non-Commissioned Officer. This is a brief answer to “How to Join Indian Air Force?”.
Challenges Faced by Female Candidates in Joining the Indian Army
Joining the Indian Army after the 12th can be challenging for female candidates. The physical and medical tests can be particularly challenging for female candidates as they must meet a certain level of physical fitness to be eligible for the Indian Army. Female candidates must also be prepared to face cultural and societal pressures when joining the Indian Army.
Why Should Female Candidates Join the Indian Army After the 12th?
Despite the challenges female candidates may face when joining the Indian Army after the 12th, there are several benefits to joining the force. The Indian Army provides a platform for female candidates to showcase their courage, strength, and leadership skills. Additionally, joining the Indian Army can be a great opportunity for personal growth and development.
Tips to Succeed in the Indian Army After 12th
When preparing to join the Indian Army after 12th, it is important to keep the following tips in mind to succeed:
- Get familiar with the syllabus and exam pattern for the UPSC and AFCAT exams.
- Practice as many mock tests as possible.
- Stay physically fit and healthy.
- Develop problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Be prepared to face cultural and societal pressures.
Resources for Female Candidates Looking to Join the Indian Army After 12th
If you are looking for more information on how to join the Indian Army after the 12th for female, several online resources are available to help you. Some of these resources include:
- The Indian Army website: This website provides information on eligibility criteria, recruitment procedures, and other useful resources.
- Online forums: There are several online forums where you can connect with other female candidates looking to join the Indian Army after the 12th.
- Mock tests: Several online mock tests are available to help you prepare for the UPSC and AFCAT exams.
Joining the Indian Army after the 12th for females can be a great opportunity to develop their skills and challenge themselves. However, it is important to remember that it is a challenging process and to be prepared before taking the plunge. We hope this blog post has provided useful information on joining the Indian Army after the 12th and equipped you with the knowledge and resources necessary to succeed.
So, if you’re ready to take the first step towards joining the Indian Army after the 12th, don’t hesitate. Unlock your potential and join the Indian Army today!
If you have any questions don’t forget to try Mindler’s career counselling online to get more clarity.